Popular Posts

Sunday 7 July 2013

diary of a wandering mind

Owning to the present circumstances I have been studying the various forms of writing that the literary world has seen till the present date. Though the classifications are convenient for our understanding, I personally beg to differ when it comes to these classifications. Whatever we put down in a piece of paper(whether the world eventually gets to read it or not is a completely different question), is simply meant for communicating and as long as one is successful in doing just that, the form hardly matters. One might argue that the form facilitates the process of expression, but is it really so?
With this question in mind, here is my entry no.2, where content supersedes the idea of "Form"-

Do the dance when I am sad,
Show me the colours when I feel blinded by the light...Be my rainbow through the clouds...
Play with my shadow when I am lost...
Come and meet me in the jungle of my dreams
Remember me by my words...

Build me my wonderland and take me there on a magic carpet
Pour me the wine from the Arabian Nights...
Let me take the long drag so that I can hear the song of the Solitary Reaper...
Give me a bed of books to rest my soul

Do not be fooled by the looks of it, it is not a poem that you read, but just a page from my diary
Do not wish to be enlightened, simply read and relate...

Walk with me a mile and smile when you want to, feel the warmth of it spreading in you
See the glow that glimmers at the end of the road through the leaves and hear their flutter
Feel the sunrise and the sunset with me...
Take me to the gushing river where the water trickles
Make the impossible, possible for me....

Play me my song when I breathe my last...

No comments:

Post a Comment